New June 2017 Art Show!
This is our annual demo show
Join us on Thursday, June 15 from 4:30 to 7 pm
New June 2017 Art Show
Digital submission date – Thursday, June 1, 2017 by 10 pm (email digital images to email@example.com)
Notification date* – Monday, June 5 (or sooner if you submit earlier)
Drop off new art – Sunday, June 11, 2017 from 11 am to 1 pm
at the Nederland Community Center lower level conference room
Pick up current art – Week of June 5 and no later than 1 pm on Sunday June 11
Reception and demo show – Thursday, June 15, 2017 from 4:30 to 7 pm
*You will be notified as to which of your pieces of submitted art will be hung in the
June show and need to be dropped off on 6/11/2017.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
See below for information on how to prepare your work for submission: For Artists Interested in Submitting Their Work
Art at the Center is the realization of a long term vision for the Nederland Community Center. This vision saw the Community Center as a vibrant and beautiful hub for our town and a perfect place to highlight and support Nederland’s image as an emerging artisan center. Beginning in 2009, through the efforts of the Community Center Foundation Board, Art at the Center was born. From the beginning, Art at the Center has been a great success. Our opening wine and cheese event took place in an October snowstorm, yet almost 200 people showed up to support the celebration of both the talented artists being featured that night and the fact that the Community Center had been beautifully enlivened by art on the many long, previously empty walls. Three times per year, the Community Center Foundation Board and the volunteer Art Committee hosted a new Art at the Center show focusing on local artists. See below for information on current Art at the Center shows and receptions.
Art at the Center shows and receptions
Annie Thayer is coordinator of Art at the Center. She previously co-coordinated AATC for several years with Tracy Brewer. Annie continues to coordinate new displays of art, with at least one participatory “demo day” each year. The receptions are now hosted by the town of Nederland in conjunction with the Nederland Community Center. Two or three times per year, Nederland area artists are invited to participate in a new art display and are notified via email, newspaper ads, word of mouth and requests to local galleries. Local artists have been very involved and enthusiastic about submitting their work, and are encouraged to continue supporting this exciting and satisfying art venue.
- Artists may submit digital images of up to 6 ready-to-hang 2-dimensional pieces no smaller than 12” x 12″ framed. We also accept ready-to-hang fiber art (any size larger than 12”x12”) and a limited amount of jewelry and small pottery pieces for a glass case display. Artists may submit digital images of up to 6 pieces of these types of art.
- All pieces must be original works of art or high quality prints of original work. Digital submissions must conform to the following specifications: jpeg format and no larger than 1.5MB in total file size; with a filename that includes first-lastname-image#-imagename.jpg (e.g. annie-thayer-1-IndianPeaksSnowStorm.jpg). Please crop images to exclude framing and matting. Your email must contain your name, phone number, email address, and a list of your image titles and medium. Email images to email@example.com.
- Art work needs to be dropped off at the Community Center during the specified times or alternate arrangements can be made by emailing or calling Annie.
- Artists will be asked to sign a liability waiver and registration form at the time of dropping off their work.
- Artists must supply title cards for each piece that include contact information, price (if for sale), medium (painting, photography or mixed media) and size of piece.
- Artists are asked to contribute a $20 donation toward Art at the Center at the time of registration.
- Artists whose works have been displayed at earlier shows may submit pieces for the current display.
- All displayed artwork will remain up for about 4 months. Artists must contact Annie if they need to remove any pieces of art. Removed artwork must be replaced by a similar size and quality piece.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Art at the Center Coordinator Annie Thayer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (303) 258-0932.