1. Pat Everson (Nederland Library) Pat Everson’s warm and inviting oil paintings are on display at the Nederland Community Library, from 5-7pm.
2. Blue Owl Books - Artists include Mackenzie Page and Kim Stefane with music by Silas Herman, Mackenzie Page and David Matters of Gipsy Moon.
3. Happy Trails - Nederland artists at Happy Trails are Carrie Davis, Drisana Rabe,
Christina Ball, and Jeremy Yoder.
4. The Alpaca Store - Roy Burkett will be performing surrounded by beautiful Alpaca clothing and accessories.
5. Columbine Medical - Artists include Eldora artist Peggy Warren’s oil paintings and
Devon Gomez’s anatomical art based on neuroscientific research.
6. Coyote's Cavern - Rockhound and stone collector artists create stone wire wrap jewelry and pendants in their studio.
7. Wild Bear - Enjoy beautiful art in the Eco-Arts Lounge, live music, wreathe making and recycled gift wrap. All Ages!!
8. Very Nice Brewery - Al Hart will be doing a live painting and showing his paintings of locals and local places.
9. Dandelion - Celebrating their one year anniversary and featuring pottery by Giga Pellachoud, jewelry by wire wrap artist Cheryl Goodnow, paintings by Annie Thayer and much more... Live music with Jon Ridnel. Cookies and warm drinks.
10. New Moon - Kay O'Neil with O'Neil Rocky Mountain Art, LLC will be featuring stained glass and Jane Sanchez will be featuring her paintings. New Moon will also have holiday music.
11. Pioneer Inn - Local artist Dennis W. Quinn is a Pinoeer Inn favorite.
12. Renaissance Women - Enjoy all the wonderful things in this new Nederland store and meet potter Sly.
13. Mountain People's Coop - The Co-op is having an open house with cookies, warm drinks and lots of food and non-food gift items.
14. Wild Mountain - Cori Boogaard has always been passionate about traveling and meeting new people. She studied Art Therapy in college and worked with various forms of media. "Photography has been more of a hobby however, I have been fortunate to have been able to explore the Globe. I've tried to capture the inherent beauty of people and their cultures and the places they inhabit. I hope sharing these images will inspire people to travel and check a few places off their 'bucket list'.
15. Salto - Tara King is an artist/art teacher/lawyer (strange but true). Her current work involves taking a feeling, idea, or image that moves her and recreating it in her own original terms. In doing so, she usually relies on serendipity, which entails embracing “fortunate accidents” that occur during the painting process. Her favorite source of inspiration is finding beauty and joy in nature, which makes Nederland a perfect muse!
The addition of a camera to Ralena Gordon' avid love for people watching cast her into the realm of photographs. While she now works mostly with digital, her technique remains purist to that of the film; the pictures should speak for themselves. She is a visual story teller and hopes that her images evoke an emotional response. Ralena is currently working on a photo-documentary on historic mental institutions and the history of mental illness in America.
Art Tour Passport
Pick up an Art Tour Passport at the Visitor Center or at participating businesses December 6, get stamped at 8 of the Art Tour stops and return your passport to the Carousel of Happiness for a free ride. (Carousel will close at 9pm)
Retail Stores with extended hours
The followning retail stores will be staying open late welcoming shoppers
Brightwood Music (Kathmandu Plaza)
Rustic Moose (First Street)
Nature's Own (First Street)
Carousel of Happiness (Shopping Center)
Mountain Man Outdoor Store (Shopping Center)
Tadasana Mountain Yoga (Shopping Center)