Deeply committed to sustainability, the town of Nederland renovated the Community Center with an unwavering commitment to seeking LEED certification. After years of hard work and “green” choices, the Nederland community Center was finally rewarded with LEED Gold Certification from the United States Green Building Council in December 2009. See the scorecard and report for details.
The sustainable features of the Nederland Community Center include:
- Recycled and sustainable materials
- SCADA controlled HVAC and air exchange system
- Day lighting for over 90% of regularly occupied areas
- Low-flow fixtures and toilets
- Waterless urinals
- Low VOC paint, sealants and carpets
The Town of Nederland is proud to be leading the way in municipal green building and in reducing its carbon footprint to the greatest extent possible.