In the next five years, the Nederland Community Center will continue on its path of being a vibrant hub of social, political, cultural, artistic, and recreational activity for the greater Nederland area. The recreational and cultural opportunities will increase to include more music, dance and theater performances as well as more fitness and enrichment classes. Local organizations and groups will use the spaces at the Community Center for meetings and gatherings of all kinds. The local schools will continue to take advantage of the facility for performances, gatherings and celebrations. Nederland area residents will rent space for events and parties. Front Range organizations and businesses will learn about the facility and rent space for workshops, retreats, and conferences, bringing more visitors and customers to Nederland area businesses. The Community Center will generate enough revenue to be financially sustainable to the town.
The Nederland Community Center is a public facility dedicated to building a stronger Nederland-area community by providing opportunities for recreation, fitness, entertainment, cultural enrichment, and community gatherings and meetings.
- To support community-building in the greater Nederland area by providing a focal point for community activities, events and gatherings.
- To promote and provide local and diverse fitness and enrichment programming for children.
- To promote and provide a community venue for music, dance and theater and art classes and performances.
- To provide a gathering place for Nederland’s town council, boards and commissions, non-profits and community groups.
- To encourage community health and fitness by providing an indoor fitness facility that is accessible and affordable.
- To provide an affordable and attractive meeting space for both local and Front Range organizations and businesses.
- To generate sufficient revenue to make the facility financially sustainable for the Town of Nederland.